This blog is meant to be a record of a self imposed challenge to turn the dial past auto and learn more about photography. The idea is to take photographs everyday (with a gradual increase in the use of manual settings) and post seven photos a week for 52 weeks. I welcome questions, comments, suggestions and constructive criticism. Challenges are easier to face with company, so please join me! Leave a comment with a link to where you will share your progress and grab my button for your blog!

week 13- Learning about Depth of Field

I've fallen FOUR WEEKS behind! I cannot believe it! I'm going to attempt to catch up, being on spring break I was able to take a gazillion photos, but because my monitor went out I haven't been able to do anything with them. SO it'll be post after post until I have added my 28 (eeek) photos and get caught up. I'm learning quite a bit through a friend who is sharing her photography class information/lessons with me, so I'll be trying to organize these to go along with what I learn there.
Here are some practice shots where I've adjusted the aperture settings to focus on my subject while blurring out the rest. It took awhile to sink in, but I finally learned that the smaller the f/stop the less that is in focus, and the larger the f/stop the more that is in focus. I've also decided to stop photoshopping the photos shared here. Although, I won't be giving up the cropping yet, not until I learn more about composition. So from here on out, it's sooc (straight out of camera) with cropping when needed.

All photos were shot on Aperture Priority

f/3.8 1/1250s ISO 200 22mm
f/5.6 1/400s ISO 200 50mm
f/5 1/1600s ISO 200 38mm
f/5.6 1/400s ISO 200 50mm
f/5.6 1/200s ISO 200 55mm
f/10 1/400s ISO 200 55mm

f/5.6 1/125s ISO 200 22mm



1 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Love it!! You have some great friends...a photography nerd and a cute little yellow car who seems to be looking right at something important in each shot! Can't wait to see more kite pics!!

Post a Comment